7 July 2008

I want to be like...

Before I left for work this morning, I had a chat with Orange to remind her to be obedient and polite to her grandparents; and that when I get home in the evening, I would check with them if she did so. Then I explained to her why she needed to be obedient and kind. To increase her motivation, I said, "If you are obedient, you will grow up to be like David (one of her favourite Bible heroes). Would you like that?"

She replied, "No, I don't want to be like David."

I asked, "How about Jesus? Would you like to be like Jesus when you grow up?"

She said, "No."

I said, "So who would you like to be?"

She said, "Like you, mama."

I thought (with head swelling), "Wow! Not bad, huh. I have higher standing in her eyes than David and even Jesus!"

She added, "Then I can wear your clothes."

Poooof! There goes the bubble.

2 comments:

little miracles said...

good that your head is back to the original size. good parenting moment! :)

kumquat said...

It always goes back to right size. No, actually, it get smaller often times. ;)